The holiday hubbub is over and now it’s simply…January. Luckily, Hawaii is warm all year long. However, post-holiday dullness can still leave some of us down in the dumps. If you’re stuck inside with nothing to do, try these boredom busters. Keep your chin up – smiles are on the horizon!
• Turn your toothbrush into a bracelet. Make sure you have one left for your teeth!
• Get out the crayons and create a customized Tooth Fairy. Coloring isn’t just for kids. Channel your inner-child and color solo, or color with your little one.
• Make a DIY travel kit. Whether it’s spring break or some much-needed PTO – a vacation will be here before you know it. A towel travel tote is perfect for your next getaway.
If you’re still feeling stir-crazy, try one of these local activities:
• If you’re on the Big Island, take your kiddos to Hilo’s newest world-class attraction, the Imiloa Astronomy Center.
• If you want to see an indoor tropical paradise, visit the Waikiki Aquarium. Come face-to-face with thousands of brightly colored fish and six species of sharks.
• If your kids are bouncing off the walls (literally), take them to iTrampoline, the island’s first indoor trampoline park.
These smile ideas make fun ways to pass the time. Pick your favorite creation or event and spring will be here before you know it!