Coloring can pass time on a fall day. But it reaps benefits too! Coloring can reduce stress and expand creativity.
Take coloring beyond the basic book and crayon and try one of these creative crafts:
1. Create an Art Bot
This fun project combines art and engineering, embracing both sides of the brain! Just follow the instructions below.
• Battery-Operated Electric Toothbrush
• Flexible Tube (We recommend a pool noodle or wrapping paper tube)
• 2 Pipe cleaners
• Pom Poms
1. Cut the tube slightly larger than the length of the toothbrush.
2. Cover one hole of the tube with tape, with the sticky side facing inward. This will be the top of your Art Bot.
3. Flip the electronic toothbrush upside down and place it inside the tube. The bottom of the brush should stick to the tape.
4. Tape 3-4 markers along the bottom of the tube with the marker tips pointing down.5. Puncture two holes through the side of the tub and insert two pipe cleaners. These will be your Art Bot’s arms. Domo arigoto, Mr. Art Roboto!
6. Decorate your Art Bot with pom poms, yarn, markers and paper. Don’t forget to add eyes and a smile!
2. Use Leftover Candy
With Halloween just around the corner, use extra candy to color pages instead of teeth. Colored-coated candy makes the perfect paint. Dip pieces into small bowls of water and then swirl on paper.
3. Adults Can Color, Too!
It’s not just for kids. Coloring can help you bond with your keiki AND reduce your personal stress. Download these free, intricate coloring sheets.