If you are pregnant or have a newborn baby, it’s important to protect both your and your baby’s teeth.
Hawaii Dental Service features its Dentist by One initiative on HI Now, featuring helpful tips for expectant moms and babies. This educational segment explains why expectant moms are more susceptible to gum disease and tooth decay and how they can prevent those conditions with good oral health habits.
Watch the segment above or read more about our Dentist by One initiative and why taking your keiki to the dentist by their first birthday is critical to their health.
Don’t forget these important oral health care tips for babies:
- Clean gums with a damp, clean washcloth
- If baby has teeth, gently brush them using a soft toothbrush
- Do not put baby to bed with a bottle
- Give child water instead of sugary drinks
- Do not share forks, spoons or food