A healthy Halloween kids’ snack is hard to come by these days, so we went ahead and made our own! Avocados are delicious, and they’re also packed with folic acid, a natural vitamin that helps our gum tissue fight back against inflammation and bleeding.
Avocados also contain the special nutrients we get from leafy greens called “phytochemicals.: They’re rich in antioxidants and protect gums and other tissues and keeps them healthy.
Add a dose of avocado to your diet this Halloween and share your healthy, low-sugar Halloween kids’ snack all around the neighborhood!
- 3 avocados
- 1 can whole black olives
- 1 small white onion
- 1 sprig cilantro
- 1 small lime
Make the Guacamole:
- Smash 3 avocados with a fork.
- Chop ¼ of the onion.
- Mince 3 tablespoons of cilantro.
- Mix onion and cilantro with the avocado.
- Squeeze in 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Add about ¾ teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Spread the guacamole across a flat serving sheet into a rectangle.
- Slice three olives to create the stitching for the scar and mouth.
- Use whole olives for the neck bolts and nose.
- Add two dollops of sour cream before placing the two whole olives for eyes.
- Scatter tortilla chips above your Frakenguac for a wild hair style!
Looking for more snack alternatives with healthy mouths in mind? View alternatives: